Rome SDS Butterknife Snowboard 
Additional Views: (colors may be different than pictured)
How do we describe the Rome SDS Butterknife Snowboard? Do we talk about its blunted designed that lets you ride it 1-2cm shorter than your normal board? Or should we discuss the NoHang-Ups Rocker technology that makes for an incredibly buttery yet stable ride that’s ready to pop and spin? Well until we figure out whether it’s worth it to mention SkateCore Profiling, ButterOut Transition Zones, and QuickRip Sidecut, just remember there’s no way you’re not going to have the most fun sessions of your life on the versatile Butterknife from Rome Snowboards.
Salty Peaks Snowboarding Shop will help you find the best snowboard for your individual snowboard style. Next time you are in Salt Lake City, we hope you stop on by your Utah snowboard shop! Have a question? Give us a call Toll Free at 877-937-4733.
- Snowboard base graphics may vary.
- We are a small store and don't ship from a warehouse. Many of our snowboards are display models and may show minor cosmetic wear from being handled by customers. This could include small scratches or scuffs on the topsheet or evidence of fingerprints. We will always contact you if there is damage that is more than cosmetic such as any damage to the base or edges. Please contact us if you have a question about the condition of a particular board. Thank you for supporting core shops!
|Recommended Use:||Freestyle, All-Mountain|
CAMBER: NoHang-Ups Rocker: A flat-camber Diamond under foot ends 20mm before the end of the running length. Outside of the Diamond, the nose and tail feature 3D Continuous Curvilinear Rocker. The flat-camber Diamond gives control and ollie pop. The 3D Continuous Curvilinear Rocker gives easy pressing and greasy good times.
SHAPE: True Twin: Take the graphic off these boards and you can’t tell the nose from the tail. From the middle of the board in both directions is exactly the shape, core profile, stances, centered on sidecut… everything!
- Jump Rating: 7
- Jib Rating: 9
- Pow Rating: 6
- Carve Rating: 5
- All-Mountain Rating: 7
FLEX & FEEL: Playful
- SkateCore Profiling: Skatecore Profiling creates both the ollie feel of a skateboard and the turny feel of a pair of trucks. Romedoes this by thinning the board between the feet and thickening the core under foot.
- ButterOut Transition Zones: By doubling the length of the transition zone from 6cm to 12cm, the section of edge at the contact point is elongated to create a buttery, fun feel from edge to edge. Add the NoHang-Ups camber and your loose-happy shred level has been cranked up a few.
- HotRod Technology: Glass Single Barrel: A 4mm glass HotRod inserted in the core for adding more pop into your ollies and nollies. Milled into the center of the board from the inserts to the center of the contact points, nothing can deliver more explosions from under your feet to where you load ollies and nollies.
- QuickRip Sidecut: Two additional mid-board contact points between off-set sidecuts for added grip at high speeds. Or, engage the inner contact points at slower speeds for a playful, shorted feeling board with control. QuickRip is a Romesignature technology for power when riding fast and extra fun when slowing things down.
- Glass Impact Plates: Thin reinforcements under your bindings increase strength against core compressions caused by bindings.
- Pop Core Matrix: The bread-and-butter of our street-to-steeps board models. Smooth and fun for pressing out box tricks. Snappy and poppy for bombing a backcountry couloirs. Two zones of lightweight wood team up with a body of responsive poplar.
- StraightBiax Laminate: The laminate that optimizes smooth-flexing good times. For those riders who hang mainly in the park or who are just getting hooked on standing sideways, this laminate tunes the board for creativity and fun.
- Impact Base: Rome’s extra high-density extruded compound is ideal for the rider who puts a beating on their board and doesn’t get around to waxing it very often. The high-density design holds up to damage from rails, boxes, and stumps.
How to Size a Snowboard - Rome Butterknife
|Size (cm)||Waist Width (mm)||Tip/Tail Length (mm)||Setback (in.)||Ref. Stance (in.)||Rider Weight (lbs.)|
|146||250||180||0.00||22.5||110 - 165|
|149||250||180||0.00||23||120 - 185|
|152||252||180||0.00||23.5||135 - 200|
|155||254||180||0.00||23.5||150 - 200+|
There are no reviews for this product.
This guide will help you understand what general type of snowboard you should start with.
Salty Peaks shows you how to pick out the perfect snowboard shape for your riding style.
Salty Peaks shows you how to pick out the perfect snowboard size for your riding style.