Rome SDS Hammerhead Snowboard 
Additional Views: (colors may be different than pictured)
The Rome SDS Hammerhead Snowboard might just be THEE best snowboard for the jib hungry park rats. The super soft flex combined with FreePop Rocker makes everything on the mountain pressable, while the Skatecore Profiling lets you ollie and shred like you’re riding the best skateboard ever. Whether you’re lapping contest heats or beatin’ the streets, the Hammerhead from Rome Snowboards will take your tricks to the next level.
Salty Peaks Snow Shop will help you find the best snowboard for your individual snowboard style. Next time you are in Salt Lake City, we hope you stop on by your Utah snowboard shop! Have a question? Give us a call Toll Free at 877-937-4733.
- Snowboard base graphics may vary.
- We are a small store and don't ship from a warehouse. Many of our snowboards are display models and may show minor cosmetic wear from being handled by customers. This could include small scratches or scuffs on the topsheet or evidence of fingerprints. We will always contact you if there is damage that is more than cosmetic such as any damage to the base or edges. Please contact us if you have a question about the condition of a particular board. Thank you for supporting core shops!
CAMBER: FreePop Rocker: A flat camber-and-rocker combo where the flat camber section extends 5cm wider than the insert packs. The extended flat section gives versatile response and landing power in and out of the park, while the rocker in the nose and tail delivers equal doses of rail tricks and powder slashes.
SHAPE: True Twin: Take the graphic off these boards and you can’t tell the nose from the tail. From the middle of the board in both directions is exactly the shape, core profile, stances, centered on sidecut… everything!
FLEX & FEEL: Very Playful
- Jump Rating: 6
- Jib Rating: 10
- Pow Rating: 5
- Carve Rating: 5
- All-Mountain Rating: 6
- Skatecore Profiling: Skatecore Profiling creates both the ollie feel of a skateboard and the turny feel of a pair of trucks. Romedoes this by thinning the board between the feet and thickening the core under foot.
- ButterOut Transition Zones: By doubling the length of the transition zone from 6cm to 12cm, the section of edge at the contact point is elongated to create a buttery, fun feel from edge to edge. Add the NoHang-Ups camber and your loose-happy shred level has been cranked up a few.
- QuickRip Sidecut: Two additional mid-board contact points between off-set sidecuts for added grip at high speeds. Or, engage the inner contact points at slower speeds for a playful, shorted feeling board with control. QuickRip is a Romesignature technology for power when riding fast and extra fun when slowing things down.
- Pop Core Matrix: The bread-and-butter of our street-to-steeps board models. Smooth and fun for pressing out box tricks. Snappy and poppy for bombing a backcountry couloirs. Two zones of lightweight wood team up with a body of responsive poplar.
- StraightBiax Laminate: The laminate that optimizes smooth-flexing good times. For those riders who hang mainly in the park or who are just getting hooked on standing sideways, this laminate tunes the board for creativity and fun.
- Impact Base: Rome’s extra high-density extruded compound is ideal for the rider who puts a beating on their board and doesn’t get around to waxing it very often. The high-density design holds up to damage from rails, boxes, and stumps.
How to Size a Snowboard - Rome Hammerhead
|Size (cm)||Waist Width (mm)||Tip/Tail Length (mm)||Setback (in.)||Ref. Stance (in.)||Rider Weight (lbs.)|
|147||253||277||0.00||21.5||120 - 185|
|153||257||277||0.00||23.5||150 - 200+|
There are no reviews for this product.
This guide will help you understand what general type of snowboard you should start with.
Salty Peaks shows you how to pick out the perfect snowboard shape for your riding style.
Salty Peaks shows you how to pick out the perfect snowboard size for your riding style.