Lib Tech Birdman Swallowtail Snowboard [LTD]
Additional Views: (colors may be different than pictured)
Lib Tech Birdman Swallowtail Snowboard
Inspired by Salty Peaks' fearless leader, Dennis Nazari, and his love for powder shredding at Snowbird, the Lib Tech Birdman Swallowtail Snowboard is a limited edition shred stick that's ready to get you to your next secret stash. Whether you're slashing epic powder, surfing a deep slush day, or skipping across your favorite pond-skim, this snow-surfer can handle water in all its forms. This unbeatable snow-surfing is thanks to the Banana Technology and Magne Traction, combined with the Floatation Device nose and Swallowtail shape. Pick up either a 165cm or 170cm Limited Edition Birdman Swallowtail Snowboard from Lib Tech, come visit us in Utah, and see just why we live here! And don't worry kids, it's an old guy thing, you wouldn't understand... yet.
Salty Peaks Snowboard Shop will help you find the best snowboard for your individual riding style. Next time you are in Salt Lake City, we hope you stop on by your Utah snowboard shop! Have a question? Give us a call Toll Free at 877-937-4733.
- Snowboard base graphics may vary.
- We are a small store and don't ship from a warehouse. Many of our snowboards are display models and may show minor cosmetic wear from being handled by customers. This could include small scratches or scuffs on the topsheet or evidence of fingerprints. We will always contact you if there is damage that is more than cosmetic such as any damage to the base or edges. Please contact us if you have a question about the condition of a particular board. Thank you for supporting core shops!
|Recommended Use:||Freeride, Powder|
BTX: Banana Technology
- Revolutionary all terrain freestyle banana blend. Rocker between your feet with flat to mild camber to contact points. Mild tip pressure for unreal float and jibbing, solid pressure between your feet for easy turning and great ice edge hold.
- Seven points of focused edge control. Magne-Traction’s strategic serrations provide unreal edge hold and control in all conditions. Winner of over 30 Good Wood awards. Ridden to Olympic gold medals, Air and Style championships, King of Hill, X Games Street gold, Supernatural victory and Ted Borland’s backwoods jibs.
- Tips float effortlessly in pow. Directional shapes focused on riding forward into the future. Great for Traditionalists with an edge.
Columbian Gold Core
- Fast growing farmed wood from south of the border. Ultra light, strong, long lively fibers.
- CORE: Mervin cores milled right at our factory are made from select species of fast growing long fibered farmed eco timbers. Wood is nature’s fiberglass!
- SUPER LIGHT SPIN WEIGHT! The perfect blend of pickles and mustard. UHMW sidewalls, Power Transfer Internal Sidewalls, torsionally loose. The new kids think they are new!
Double Sintered UHMW Sidewalls
- A Lib Tech innovation. Twice as sintered as any other sidewall. Tough, fast, hard, waterproof, handsome and light. NO TOXIC ABS!
- Strong light Volcanic organic additive free fiber reinforcements. Flex modulus is synchronized with our resin system for maximum strength and minimum weight. Damp, strong, and lively for a smooth poppy ride. Our favorite fiber.
- ExperiMENTAL division leader Mike Olson loves beans! When he’s not eating them he’s buying plastics made with them. Lib Tech has made a commitment to using a new earth friendly, bio-plastic top skin made from beans that features the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any top sheet in the industry.
- Mervin’s unique water based graphic process. No toxic solvents or curtain coats used in manufacturing process. If a snowboard has a thick clear glossy on top it was really toxic to make. Lib Tech gives you an environmentally friendly alternative. NO TOXIC SOLVENT BASED INKS OR CLEAR COATS.
- The experiMENTAL Division’s favorite high performance combination of lightweight strong environmentally friendly materials. All Basalt Glass (no fiberglass), Columbian Gold Core, Beans Top material. Light, smooth, strong.
TnT Base Material
- Fast and low maintenance dual layered fluoro base material. Wax it or maybe skip a day. Use Oneballjay snowboard wax.
Power Transfer Internal Sidewalls
- The same futuristic power 90º pop technology from our world record setting skateboards and power transfer spines only this time we have placed it along the sidewall of your board to add board control to our sandwich construction. Stronger, more pop, and more control brought to you by our Woodshop!
Handcrafted in the USA near Canada!
- BITCHIN’ BOARD BUILDERS We build snowboards. We build snowboards. No really… that is what we do. We don’t order them from China or anywhere else and send someone to go check and see how they turned out. We physically hand build them right here at home in the USA.
How to Size a Snowboard - Lib Tech Birdman
10 = Firm
5 of 5 stars
|Took this bad boy out on a 2 ft pow day at Brighton Resort in Utah and it was a good choice! I had a 170 Birdman swallowtail and I'm 5'6" 140 lbs and had NO problems handling this thing all over the mountain. Held up well on groomers with a lot quicker turn initiation than I expected. Rode great switch, very lightweight, and in the deep stuff kicking out that back tail is nothing!|
This guide will help you understand what general type of snowboard you should start with.