(The return policy listed here applies to purchases made online at saltypeaks.com. Purchases made in person at our retail location in Salt Lake City are subject to the return policy posted in the store at the time of purchase)
Attention Customers, our return policy has changed
If you placed your order before March 20th, 2017, the return policy listed on your invoice still applies. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
30-Day No Risk Returns
At Salty Peaks we have set our satisfaction guarantee to 30 days. We understand that shopping online can sometimes be difficult, and you don’t know if a product is going to work for you until you have it in your hands. Or maybe you are shopping well in advance for a birthday or holiday, and want the assurance that you will be able to return a gift that did not work out.
Within 30 days of purchase, we will accept returns on all new, unused items that are in their original packaging with the receipt and all tags and parts included. No questions asked.
We will issue a refund to your credit card or PayPal account if you return your item within 14 days of the date of purchase.
If you return an item after 14 days (but less than 30 days), you will receive in-store credit.
20 Day Price Match Guarantee
If you find an identical product (same brand, color, size, model year) available and listed for cheaper on another site, we will gladly match the price.
Plus, if you purchase an item from Salty Peaks, and within 20 days you find it cheaper, we’ll refund the difference!
View our price match policy.
How do I make a return?
You must create an account with saltypeaks.com and request a return authorization number (RMA) online.
Once you have an RMA, write that number on the original invoice and include it in your package. Also write the RMA on the outside of the box to expedite processing of your return.
You may ship your return back with the shipping carrier of your choice. We suggest that you add tracking and insure your shipment, as we are not responsible for packages we do not receive or that are damaged in transit.
You may also return items at our retail location in Salt Lake City with your original receipt.
How do I make an exchange?
To make an exchange, just place a new order for the item you want in exchange. You will be charged for the new item and we will ship it right away.
Then follow the instructions on this page to send back the item you want to return. Once we receive the return, we will refund the original purchase.
Where do I send my return?
3055 East 3300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Do you charge a restocking fee?
Items that received free shipping will be charged a 10% restocking fee. Items that are returned in violation of our policy are subject to a restocking fee of 10-30% at our discretion.
When will my payment be refunded?
We will refund your payment once we have received your return. Once we issue a refund, it may take a few business days to appear in your account. All refunds will be issued in the original form of payment. We cannot issue refunds to a credit card or PayPal account more than 60 days after the date of purchase. Returns received after this time will be given in-store credit.
What if I received the wrong item?
Please contact us by phone within 72 hours of delivery for a return authorization. If we made a mistake, we will send you a pre-paid return label by email and cover the cost to ship you the correct item. In order to be reimbursed, you must contact us first for a return authorization.
What if I received a damaged item?
Please examine your order closely upon delivery. If an item arrived damaged, you must contact us by phone within 72 hours of delivery for a return authorization.
If your item was damaged in transit, a claim will be filed with the shipper before any further action will be taken.
If we made a mistake, we will send you a pre-paid return label by email and cover the cost to ship you a replacement. In order to be reimbursed, you must contact us first for a return authorization.
If your item was damaged after using it, then it will fall under our warranty policy (see below).
What is your warranty policy?
Most products we sell at Salty Peaks are covered by warranties from the manufacturer. Warranties generally cover manufacturer’s defects, not damage from abuse or misuse of the product. Eligibility of warranties is at the discretion of the manufacturer, not Salty Peaks. Warranty policies also vary by manufacturer. While most products are covered by a warranty, some may not be, due to reasons such as the manufacturer going out of business.
You may contact us if you have a warranty issue and we will work with you to file a claim with the manufacturer. Please do not ship defective items back to us without contacting us first. Please note that the customer is responsible for the cost to ship the defective item to either Salty Peaks or the manufacturer and may be responsible for the cost of receiving a replacement item.
International customers are responsible for all shipping costs related to warranties unless otherwise covered by the manufacturer.
Is there anything else I should know about your return policy?
- You must include your original receipt with your return.
- All items must be unused, unworn, and in new condition with the original packaging, all parts, and all tags attached. See product-specific conditions below.
- Shipping charges are not refundable unless a mistake has been made by Salty Peaks.
- Orders that are paid by Western Union or Money Gram money transfer are eligible for exchange or store credit only. No refunds will be given on money transfers.
- We reserve the right to deny your return or charge a restocking fee at our discretion if an item is returned not in new condition, missing parts or packaging, without a return authorization number, or otherwise in violation of our return policy.
- No returns are accepted on DVD’s, batteries, or Special Orders
- No returns are accepted on items sold by Salty Peaks as “Used”, “Reconditioned” or “Refurbished” items. See our “Salty Seconds Return Policy” below for more information.
- Snowboards – may not have been ridden or had bindings mounted on them and all manufacturer stickers must still be in place
- Boots / bindings / shoes – the manufacturer’s box may not be used for return shipping and must be in its original condition – no labels, writing, tape, etc
- Boots / shoes – may not have been worn outside or have signs of use including foot odor
- Clothing – must be unworn, unwashed, clean and free of dirt, makeup, pet hair, odors, etc
The Salty Seconds return policy covers all items sold by Salty Peaks as “Used”, “Reconditioned” or “Refurbished” items in the Salty Seconds category on saltypeaks.com, hereby referred to as “used items”.
We do not accept returns on used items, with the following exceptions:
- The product is not as described
- You must contact us within 72 hours of delivery for a return authorization and we will cover the cost to return the item to us.
- If you do not contact us within 72 hours, you will be responsible for the return shipping cost plus a 10% restocking fee.
- Snowboard boots
- We will accept returns based on size or fit.
- You must contact us within 72 hours of delivery for a return authorization.
- You are responsible for the return shipping cost.
- Returns are eligible for exchange or store credit only. No refunds will be issued, unless the item is not as described (see above).
- Used items purchased in-store may not be returned
If a size is not printed on a snowboard, we make our best judgment in determining its size, and we may be off by 3-5 centimeters from the manufacturer’s marketed size. We do not accept returns based on incorrect size if the size is not printed on the board and is off by 5cm or less.
Shimano Enduro and Skylord snowboard boots run small due to an aggressive toe box. When purchasing these items, we recommend that you upsize a half to a full size.
Updated December 19, 2014